Do you find yourself constantly scratching your head because of an irritating scalp? What about those days when white flakes fall off from your head onto your shoulders?
Firstly let me clear one thing that you aren’t all alone. About 60℅of the people have faced these problems at some point in time in their lives.
And We create a list of dry scalp remedies at home Naturally so after reading and applying in your life not facing of uneasiness and embarrassment in public.
In a world where stress and pollution levels are rising rapidly, taking care of your hair is the most crucial thing if you want long voluminous locks for the better part of your life.
Dry Scalp: What you Need to Know
The dry scalp usually occurs when the skin is deprived of natural oils. It could also be an indicator of an underlying medical condition.
It is usually caused when the scalp does not make enough oil or sebum or is internally dehydrated.
Most of the people might think that Dandruff and Dry Scalp are the two synonymous terms. But in reality, they are two different conditions.
Dandruff Vs. Dry Scalp: What’s The Difference?
We can also differentiate between dry scalp and flakes from dandruff is by their appearance. Dandruff flakes are bigger and they generally look oily. Both dryness and dandruff can make your scalp itch.
We have also made an easy comparison for each of the conditions which would definitely make all things clear.
|OILY LARGE FLAKES THAT ARE YELLOW OR WHITE.||✔|
|SMALLER DRY FLAKES||✔|
|DRY SKIN ON THE OTHER PARTS OF THE BODY.||✔|
According To A Study Men Generally Develop Dandruff More Frequently Than Women. So before putting an end to this condition let us first have an overview of the root causes of it.
CAUSES OF DRY SCALP
- Hair Products And Styling Habits:- The ingredients like dyes, fragrances, alcohols, sulfate, and preservatives in your hair care products contain a lot of chemicals. It also removes all the natural oils from your scalp. Washing your hair too often or leaving it unwashed for too long, both contribute to a dry scalp.
- Age:- It is one of the leading factors your skin ages, it tends to get drier, which is why dry scalp is common among older people.
- Diet:- Diet plays a pivotal role in maintaining long locks. Sugars and a high carbohydrate diet could be major responsible for fungus development on the scalp which would result in leaving your scalp dry.
- Seasonal changes:- You might have observed the dryness of scalp increases in winter. Thus seasonal change could also be the vital reason responsible for this.
- Allergies:- You might have observed the dryness of scalp increases in winter. Thus seasonal change could also be the vital reason responsible for this.
- Over-washing:- Over-washing your hair actually can strip your hair of its moisture and might cause your scalp and your locks to dry out. These days shampoos or conditioners contain a huge amount of chemicals and thus often result in hair damage or hair loss.
Dry Scalp Remedies Natural For Treatment
Experts often caution against an overdependence on chemical products as it is also one of the reasons for causing it.
But when it comes to chalking out a robust hair care plan they actually look for Natural Remedies. In fact, you can find some of the hair solutions in your home.
There are several ingredients that are easily available in the kitchen. No matter the cause, here is a list equipped with the right dry scalp remedies home. By using them you can definitely say goodbye to your any pesky, itchy, or dry flakes.
1). Apple cider vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the best home dry scalp remedies naturally because it has probiotics and anti-inflammatory properties that kill viruses and yeast that cause itchiness on the skin.
Apple cider vinegar also acts as a mild conditioner, soothing the scalp and adding shine and bounce to the hair. Mix one part vinegar with two parts water and apply it on your scalp. Now sit for ten minutes and wash with a gentle shampoo.
IMPORTANT: Even if you aren’t suffering from dandruff, Apple Cider Vinegar is astounding to keep your hair looking shiny during the dry winter months.
2). Lemon juice
Lemons contain antiseptic properties that is why it is a great home remedy for an itchy scalp and dry scalp.
Lemon juice, much like Apple cider vinegar is acidic and therefore maintains the pH level of the scalp. This helps to banish unwanted dandruff-causing bacteria and fungi.
Always keep in mind, as the pH level of your scalp changes throughout the day, lemon juice is just a temporary fix!
Massage lemon juice into your scalp and leave it in for 5 minutes. We recommend testing a drop of lemon juice on a small part of your scalp first—if it really stings, then dilutes the juice with water. Repeat this procedure daily until the itchiness goes away.
3). Onion Juice
Onion juice is a known remedy for dry hair health, specifically for hair scalp. It’s been used for decades as a home treatment. It may be effective for hair loss in some instances. It also helps in restoring luster and shine.
Massage onion juice onto your scalp and leave it for 20-25mins. If it really stings then it is advisable to dilute it with Coconut oil. Repeat this procedure for about 2 months.
It is also advisable that you make a mixture of coconut oil and onion juice and preserve it rather than always preparing a fresh would be cumbersome.
4). Yogurt and Egg
It is one the best combination used for the treatment for hair scalp. Yogurt and eggs both have unique benefits that can relieve dry scalp.
Yogurt is soothing on the skin and can also be exfoliating, while the fat and protein content in eggs can nourish and protect the scalp.
Use a few tablespoons of plain, unflavored yogurt with no added sugar and mix in one well-beaten egg. Massage it into your hair and scalp, and wait 10 minutes before washing it out. Wash your hair with cold water, or the egg may cook and be much more difficult to remove from your hair.
5). ALOE VERA JUICE
It has a number of properties that can help with dry scalp. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce irritation and it’s also an effective moisturizing agent.
Apply it to your scalp, and let it sit for 10 minutes before washing it out.
6). MASHED BANANAS
They are nourishing and moisturizing, making them a great treatment for dry scalp and even dandruff. In addition to being moisturizing, they are naturally anti-bacterial and the two benefits combined can help clear up your dry scalp.
Mash or blend a banana with a few tablespoons of coconut or olive oil. Blending it will make it easier to rinse out of your hair. Massage it into your scalp and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
Do’s & Don’ts To Prevent Dry Scalp
- Drink More Water:- Just like the skin on the other parts of your body, your scalp skin needs water to remain hydrated and not get dried out. Drink 6-8 glasses of water for optimal hydration.
- Avoid Heat Styling:- Hairstyling tools like flat iron or curlers and blow dryers damage your hair roots, shaft and leave the scalp dry. If you can’t avoid them completely, use a good heat protectant serum.
- Shampoo Less Frequently:- Avoid shampooing your hair too frequently or switch to a gentler formulation.
- Apply Moisturizing shampoos:- Look for shampoos containing moisturizing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, moringa oil, rosemary oil, almond oil, and so on. Save your scalp from harsh chemical formulas.
- Use Humidifier: – Lack of humidity in the air can lead to dry scalp. Use a humidifier in your room for a moisture-kick. You could add a few drops of essential oils for fragrance and a therapeutic feeling.
We hope that you have understood that your scalp health is a forerunner to healthy hair, as it is the base for your hair follicles.
Natural conditioners, oils like coconut, lemon or onion juice, an enriched diet and overall gentle hair care are all you need for a scalp reboot when you are struggling with dry scalp.
Now say goodbye to dryness, irritation, itching, and flaking with our simple natural home remedies.